Thursday, September 10, 2015

Copyright & Fair Use

By: Davis & Cam

Copyright and fair use are two different things. Copyright is a legal right created by the law of a country that grants the creator of an original work exclusive rights to its use and distribution, usually for a limited time. 

Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. If you don't use it properly you can be in big trouble. We can use this information in other classes because if we need to do a presentation and get pictures or information we can think about copyright and fair use. 

To make make sure you don't violate the copyright law you would ask yourself these three questions:

1. Did I repurpose or transform the original? Did I add value?

2. Could my work replace the original?

3. Did I just use just the amount I needed to accomplish my purpose?

1 comment:

  1. Hi! My name is Zoe and I'm from Ms.Chen's Language Arts class in California. I think this post is great because many people are unaware of what copyright and fair use are, or how they work. Can't wait to read more posts!

    ReplyDelete